Community Code of Conduct
The SuperHi community is a network for SuperHi students past and present. This platform is a resource to get help with the SuperHi courses from staff, learn together, share resources, and to simply connect with one another.
To make sure everyone has the best experience possible, here are guidelines on conduct and how to use our community features, including our Slack and Facebook groups.
Bring out the best in each other
We welcome (and encourage) passionate discussion, knowing at times there will be points of disagreement or conflict. We ask you to be respectful of other people’s experience, opinions, and beliefs and to speak kindly to one another. Different perspectives help make better decisions and end products. We’ll have more productive and fruitful conversations if everyone is comfortable participating.
Learning and creating require more than the usual amount of vulnerability. Be gentle and generous with the contributions of your fellow students. Snark and sarcasm might be appropriate for opining on what’s trending, but not when offering help or feedback on a project.
Keep it professional
The SuperHi community is an international, multicultural, and dynamic space. We encourage active participation and contributions of all kinds including things that may be funny, weird, personal, or upsetting. As we get to know one another, learn from each other, and grow together, we have to maintain healthy and positive boundaries. There are a few things that are never OK:
- No harassment. Harassment is behavior directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress and serves no legitimate purpose.
- No hate speech. Hate speech is any language that discriminates or advocates for discrimination on the basis of things like race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, identity, gender identity, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Hate speech doesn’t always look like an angry tirade — it can be subtle, joking, or said without the intent provoke harm. No matter what form it comes in, it’s never acceptable in our community.
- No denigration of character. While debating issues, stick to the content of your discourse. While sharing an experience working for or interacting with an individual or company, stick to the facts. No ad hominem attacks.
- No Not Safe For Work (NSFW) content. This includes, but is not limited to, pornography, crude jokes, and gore.
- Be careful with swear words. We are all adults, but don’t be rude.
SuperHi staff actively monitors and participates in the community, but we can’t catch everything. If you feel you are being harassed, or spot other violations of the above policies, let us know and we’ll get on it immediately. Report any issues via email to [email protected] or DM our Community Manager, Krista Anne Nordgren directly on Slack (@kristaannie).
Violating these guidelines will lead to action including, but not limited to, permanent removal from the SuperHi community.